Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom

1. I honestly have no idea what I'm reading. This story seems very disjointed right now and there are a lot of things to set up, I kind of only vaguely get that there has been a cure for death, the population has grown and the man we are reading in the perspective of grew up in Disney land. He has an old friend named Dan, hes a cowboy type character, and they regularly hangout. I currently am on page 11 and I don't feel anything for these characters or care that they have been introduced. This may be because we just watched the first part of Valerian which was also super disjointed and throws you into everything but the text feels busy but doesn't say much. I was falling asleep reading it to be honest.


2. I haven't read far enough I think to connect with the story. I don't think this is a very relatable story just yet since I don't feel anything for these characters. I suppose I get the sentiment of being an old soul in some ways or feeling like the world is down and out. This story hasn't sparked any interest in me at all to be frank. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt though since I'm only about 3 pages in. Even in the build up to the inciting incident though I dont find myself concerned with these characters even though there was a "concerning phone call from Dan out of the blue"


3. This seems like it might be good for live action since it seems like there are a lot of locations and people sure love Disney world. I'm frustrated though because I don't feel like I know who any of the characters are yet. I also don't find it compelling to learn the main characters name after introducing everyone else first? We met Dan and then Lil, and finally Julius said his name while answering a phone call. Kinda boring intro to the person were supposed to follow in my opinion. Changes I would make would certainly be a little more description of appearance or at least elaboration physicality. I cant picture a face or type of person based on what has been given so far. Even though they described lil as a clean cut read-head who was younger, the only person I could imagine was Ariel from the Little Mermaid since they were in Disney world. Was that intentional as a same to same high concept train of thought? I don't know since I also don't really know whats going on in this story yet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Park Prompt

Theme park Race,gender,class and sexuality in class discussion